1 - 3 years
General Summary: The DVI specialist is responsible for supporting both the hardware and software for the Lab DVI system (optical manufacturing system and application).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Upgrades, maintains and supports the DVI system and assists users with questions and problems.
- Helps perform system backups and recovery and installs new system upgrades.
- Creates reports from the DVI system for manager's use.
- Maintains lens inventory to satisfactory levels using DVI information.
- Troubleshoots frame sizing issues and maintain frame size database in DVI.
- Accesses and makes changes within (DVI) Digital Vision Inc. manufacturing/application system to affect pricing, generate reports encompassing complex matrix of products, prices and schedules.
- Builds and deploys technical solutions that will support management proposals and project requests.
- Troubleshoots problem jobs and modifies DVI logic to optimize equipment utilization.
- Ensures that the DVI system communicates with all other Company software platforms; including, AS400, SDS, NVI Portal, etc.
- Installs and maintains hardware including servers and machine interfaces.
- Provides general hardware install, local network support and phone systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of experience with system support of operating systems and software, DVI Rx Lab Management System experience is preferred.
- Strong initiative to apply existing IT knowledge and experience to quickly grasp RX lab operation software system (i.e. pricing, reporting and information technology areas).
- Business experience in the optical field is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work with a wide range of associates, teams, supervisors, and directors.
- Excellent organization, planning, judgment and time management skills.
- Takes initiative and ownership for assigned tasks.
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems quickly.
Job ID: 256405288