3 - 5 years
OCB is currently seeking a Full-time Clinical Manager to work in our Waltham office with travel to Boston as needed.
The Clinical Manager oversees the day-to-day flow of the clinical services and is responsible for the hiring, supervision, scheduling, training and development, and performance evaluation for all technicians, photographers and nurses. Specifically, this role:
- Manages OCB daily clinical operations for the Waltham office.
- Assists the Clinical Director in the development of standards and protocol to assure OCB is in adherence with federal, state and organizational compliance requirements.
- Serves as staff resource for all government regulation requirements as it pertains to clinical setting.
- Maintains the daily schedule and utilization of clinical exam lanes.
- Monitors MD/OD schedules to assure proper staffing levels.
- Evaluates technician skill levels through objective and subjective means. Recommends additional training as required.
- Plans, and develops a comprehensive clinical education and development program for all staff members.
- Ensures adherence to organizational policies and procedures such as attendance. Ensures all time is properly recorded in e-Time for upcoming payroll.
- Identifies and coordinates maintenance of all clinical equipment and purchasing of supplies for the office.
- Performs as a Senior Level Ophthalmic Technician. Conducts skill assessments of other technicians and trains less experienced technicians as needed.
The ideal candidate will have
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Certified as a COT or COMT preferred
- A minimum of five years of diverse Clinical Ophthalmic experience required
- Two or more years in a supervisory position; demonstrated experience selecting, training, and evaluating the performance of multiple staff members.
Typical Working Conditions:
Clinical environment hazards such as exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, and medicinal preparation. Requires prolonged sitting, frequent standing, ability to traverse office, some bending, stooping and stretching. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
OCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID: 248308659