Perich Eye Center is Tampa Bay’s leader in vision care. We offer a comprehensive, focused, and cost-effective approach to better our patient’s vision. We are looking to hire a part-time, experienced ophthalmic/optometric technician to join our team! We offer a competitive salary based on experience and ophthalmic certifications (COA, COT, COMT).
We are hiring with immediate start dates available - weekdays, no weekends, 2-3 days per week.
What we are looking for:
- Candidates who are pleasant, respectful, dependable, punctual, and detail-oriented.
- A desire for growth in a successful medical practice.
- Candidates looking for a career opportunity with longevity and opportunity for advancement.
- Candidates who eventually can transition to a full-time position.
- Assisting with patient care and eye examinations.
- Taking patient histories and assisting patients in frame selection.
- Educating patients on the care and maintenance of lenses.
- Explaining the testing process to patients, preparing them, and administering tests on visual capabilities.
- Keeping records and inventory and taking notes during examinations.
- Performing minor repairs on broken or damaged glasses.
- Assisting with the creation of lenses and construction of glasses.
- Performing minor maintenance and repairs on examination equipment.
- An associate degree or certification as an optometric technician may be a benefit.
- Experience with Refracting, HVF, Lensometry, Keratometry, Tonometry, Muscle Fields--Pupil Exams are a plus.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivation, and ability to work under pressure.
- Proficiency with EMR computer programs is a plus.
- Demonstrates flexibility in job assignments.
Perich Eye Center is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
If interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and application by clicking “Apply” on this page. We look forward to hearing from you and will be in touch soon!