Full Job Description
Well established multi-specialty, multi location Ophthalmology group looking for an experienced ophthalmic technician. Technicians must be compassionate, detail-oriented team players with great people skills and a desire to grow in a friendly practice. As an Ophthalmic Technician your primary job function is to work with the ophthalmologist to provide exceptional patient care by gathering all patient information necessary to complete a proper diagnosis. You will perform the initial patient examinations, ophthalmic testing procedures as well as assist the physician as directed.
· Interview patients and document ocular and medical histories
· Perform preliminary testing ie: visual acuity, pupillary responses, confrontation visual fields, motility, stereopsis, color vision, angle assessment, refractometry and applanation tonometry, automated keratometry and lensometry.
· Perform diagnostic testing including automated perimetry, OCT, IOL Master, A-scan and ophthalmic photography, corneal topography, Pentacam.
· Monitor and facilitate patient flow in the clinic and in the imaging rooms, working collaboratively with other clinical staff.
· Administer eye drops as required by the physician.
· EMR scribing and electronic medication refills.
· Perform clinical and administrative duties as directed
· Provide support to front office as needed.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant/Technician/Scribe Certification
We are willing to train the RIGHT candidate if you have no experience!
Job ID: 342073457