JOB TITLE: Associate Optometrist
STATUS: Independent Contractor
REPORTS TO: Managing optometrist
Provide stellar patient care through proper diagnosis and treatment of conditions and diseases of the human eye and visual system. Examine eyes and visual system, diagnose problems or impairments, prescribe corrective lenses, and provide treatment. Prescribe therapeutic drugs to treat specific eye conditions.
Great opportunity for a motivated, patient-orientated optometrist in a friendly, professional work environment. A successful candidate will benefit from association with the world-class Pearle Vision brand of Neighborhood Eyecare Professionals.
New graduates welcome!
All support personal provided (allowing for 100% focus on optometry) :
- Pretest technician provided
- Contact lens I & R training provided
- billing and administrative services provided
- office closed on major holidays
- training on on EMR on automated refraction equipment provided
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties noted below are considered to be essential job functions for one of the following reasons: performance of the duty is why the job exists, failure to perform the duty may have serious consequences, limited number of employees available to perform duty, or the duty requires specialized skills.
- Prescribe medications, spectacle lenses, and contact lenses.
- Counsel patients regarding surgical and non-surgical options that meet their visual needs related to their occupations, avocations, and lifestyle.
- Doctors must uncover patient's eye wear needs and make product recommendations that will help them see their best and protect the health of their eyes.
- Provide vision services; eye exams.
- Treat conditions such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
- Prescribe and fit eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Standard and specialty contact lens fittings
- Diagnose eye conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and conjunctivitis.
- Prescribe medications for certain eye conditions; as allowed according to State guidelines.
- Participate in pre- or post-operative patient care
- Effectively communicate with patients to get detailed case histories.
- Offer advice and reassurance to patients about vision-related matters.
- Write referral communications to doctors.
- Act as a liaison with other medical practitioners when needed and share in the care of patients with chronic ophthalmic conditions.
- Effectively transition patients to the optical in order to communicate information about the patient's prescription to the Optician or eye wear consultant.
- Meet sales targets with regard to selling spectacles or contact lenses.
Competencies and Education
- Business acumen, self-discipline, and the ability to deal tactfully with patients.
- Strong attention to detail and manual dexterity.
- Doctor of Optometry degree from an accredited optometry school.
- Successful completion of the National Board examination and a National, Regional, or State clinical examination.
Job ID: 259329615