- Health Care Services:
- Examine eyes, using observation, instruments and pharmaceutical agents, to determine visual acuity and perception, focus and coordination and to diagnose diseases and other abnormalities within the scope of optometry.
- Analyze test results and develop a treatment plan.
- Prescribe, supply, fit and adjust eyeglasses, contact lenses and other vision aids.
- Prescribe medications to treat eye diseases if state laws permit.
- Remove foreign bodies from the eye.
- Chart documentation according to clinic standards using Electronic Health Record charting, specific forms documentation, referrals and ordering specific tests. Documentation of acute and chronic problems, including medication as needed.
- Follow-up on specific disease categories and no show evaluations.
- Review laboratory, x-ray and referral documents prior to filing.
- Health Education coordination for patient follow-up for specific health education issues.
- Refer to approved medical protocols and/or guidelines for treatment.
- Consultation and Referrals:
- Consultations with Medical Director for problems beyond standardized procedures. Consult physicians as needed.
- Referrals to other providers as needed including Health Education referrals as indicated per protocols.
- Teamwork Expectations:
- Participate in clinician peer review process.
- Participate in CQI: Quality Improvement Meetings and discussions as requested.
- Interact with and maintain referral resources.
- Will refer to support services (when appropriate) for counseling and education.
- Is responsible for providing in-put to Chief Medical Officer for resource development, staff, facility, equipment, supplies, etc.
- Meeting attendance at monthly General Staff Meeting and Monthly Departmental Clinician Meeting.
Efficient productivity levels according to health center standards
Job ID: 251041337