Job ID: 225005838
Eye Priority is looking for an Optometrist to help grow our team and expand our practice.
Eye Priority is a family eye care provider located in Ahwatukee and has been serving the residents of the East Valley and greater metro Phoenix since 1991. Our philosophy is to offer a personalized approach to optometry with customized vision therapy programs, a dry eye treatment center, and an onsite dispensary for glasses and contact lenses. Eye Priority is a happy place, we love our patients and our co-workers.
Optometrist Duties include:
- Performing vision tests and analyzing results for children and adults
- Diagnosing vision problems
- Prescribing eyeglasses, contact lenses, medicines, diagnostic tests, and vision therapy
- Evaluating patients for the presence of diseases and conditions, such as diabetes, hypertension, or concussion
- Assessing patients’ need for vision therapy
- Clearly explaining eye care instructions to patients and answering any questions
- Educating patients on eyewear selections and on general eye health (computer time, wearing sunglasses, vitamins, etc.)
- Documenting notes, observations, prescriptions, and recommendations in patients’ records
- Continuing education through optometry seminars, journals, etc
- Completing all requirements to remain in good standing with the Arizona State Board of Optometry
- Contributing to a happy, team-oriented, and customer service based work environment
- Providing updates to staff and clients concerning new technology and products in the optometry field
- Possesses an O.D. and be licensed in Arizona and be in good standing
- Renews license when required prior to expiration date
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Must be able to evaluate the results of a variety of diagnostic tests and decide on the best course of treatment for a patient
- Must be able to communicate well with patients and other healthcare professionals
- Must be able to present evidence off licenses and insurance
We offer a benefit package including:
- 401K with company matching
- Assistance with career growth including education and conference opportunities
- Paid Sick time and Holiday Pay
- Free on-site Parking
In exchange for your dedication and expertise, we are proud to offer you a team environment and competitive salary. If you are an optometrist looking for a new opportunity in a family practice, apply today!
Thank you for considering this great opportunity.
We look forward to receiving your resume.