Job ID: 222389711
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
OPTICAL MANAGER, LICENSED ($2,000 sign-on bonus)
Responsible for performing all of the duties required of a dispensing optician, in addition to managerial duties. This position is responsible for managing, teaching, and coaching the optical team members, interacting with Members, confirming appointments, reviewing insurance information and department upkeep. The Optical Manager serves as the liaison between our Members and the lab to ensure that orders are processed timely.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides a high level of Member service, including answering all incoming calls, scheduling patients for doctor’s appointments, being open and honest in communication and maintaining a friendly, pleasant demeanor with Members at all time.
- Provides support to Members in: making eyeglass adjustments, taking measurements, reading prescriptions on the lensometer, timely notification of product readiness, proper handling of all money related transaction, and completing paperwork necessary to place and process orders.
- Manages Optical department team members and ensures all team members diligently engage in person and over the phone with Members.
- Processes and verifies all third-party insurance payment information.
- This position will have access to patient information therefore a high degree of discretion and adhering to all privacy and confidential/propriety company policies and procedures is required (i.e. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, known as HIPAA).
- Manages all sales opening and closing procedures at the end of the shift. Must ensure that accurate funds are collected and payments are made at the point of service.
- Communicates and follows up with General Manager and Regional Director, Operations regarding department performance, maintenance situations, team member’s performance, and doctor relations.
- Ensure work station/Optical department is maintained and clean at all times.
- Supervises all team members in the Optical department and is responsible for training, separations, recommendation for promotions, and coaching.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be licensed to work as an optician within the State and keep license up to date and active.
- Knowledge of optical products and business practices preferred.
- High school diploma, college degree, and/or big box wholesale, retail, optical, and/or management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training team members, and driving and communicating results.
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer service skills, organizational skills and an attention to detail required.
- Open shift availability required.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 20 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects in excess of 20 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with frequent exposure to temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional exposure to cleaning agents.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.